This report is appropriate for most properties predating 1970. It can also be used on larger and more unique properties or properties in poor condition, where significant modification works are planned.
The report includes:
- A description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws.
- This includes concealed areas (loft void, cellar etc) should they be accessible and safe to access.
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property.
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property with accompanying photographs.
- Advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance.
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions.
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before exchange of contracts.
- Information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
- This report does not usually include a valuation, but this can be arranged separately.
Below is an example of a RICS Building Condition Survey