- Spacious Grade II Listed Farmhouse.
- Private Location
- Located in a delightful rural yet accessible location.
- Traditional and modern farm buildings suitable for a range of uses with potential for conversion (su
- Quality, productive grassland, perfect for livestock, all set in 17.3 acres (7.0ha) or thereabouts.
- Exciting Opportunity
DESCRIPTION Wigley Farm is situated in a delightfully peaceful, yet accessible location and offers tranquillity as a result of its utmost privacy. The property affords an exciting lifestyle purchase with a traditional Grade II listed brick and tile house, a range of traditional and modern outbuildings, with potential for conversion subject to necessary planning consents set in approximately 17.3 acres (7.0 hectares) of productive grass land.
SITUATION Wigley Farm is located approximately 6.6 miles to the West of the Market Town of Shrewsbury, in an enviable rural position. From Shrewsbury take the B4386 Montgomery Road off the A5 bypass, at Stoney Stretton turn left and then take the second right. This leads to the private drive which leads to the property. The postcode SY5 9QF directs to the property.
Wigley Farm House Wigley Farm House is a traditional Grade II listed property of brick construction under a tiled roof with an abundance of original features with great scope for modernisation and improvement. Internally, the property provides comfortable family accommodation including two large reception rooms, breakfast room and kitchen, three double bedrooms, a single bedroom and en-suite.
(Measurements are approximate)
Kitchen (3.30m x 4.10m) With carpet flooring, stainless steel sink and door to rear hallway.
Breakfast Room (5.20m x 3.20m) With carpet floor, oil fired Rayburn (heats domestic hot water) and beams to ceiling.
Lounge (2.14m x 1.97m) With carpet floor, brick inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove, bay window and beamed ceiling.
Dining Room (5.20m x 3.50m) With timber floorboards, open fireplace with brick surround and hearth, bay window and beamed ceiling.
Study (4.89m x 2.50m) With access to downstairs bathroom.
Bathroom With bath, hand wash basin and WC.
Cellar (3.40m x 4.20m) With oil fired boiler.
Bedroom 1 (5.20m x 2.60m) With carpet floor, central heating radiator and timber single glazed window.
Bedroom 2 (4.50m x 3.10m) With carpet floor, beamed ceiling and central heating radiator.
Bedroom 3 (5.20m x 3.40m) With timber floor boards, feature beamed wall, hand wash basin and central heating radiator.
Bedroom 4 (5.20m x 3.49m) With carpet floor, original open fire place, beamed ceiling and central heating radiator.
En-suite (3.40m x 4.20m) With tiled floor, shower, bath, hand wash basin and WC.
BUILDINGS The Farm House and buildings are set at the end of a private drive which provides immense privacy.
1. Detached Farm House.
2. Traditional brick and stone barn with galvanised iron roof providing former shippon with loose box on end and all lofted.
3. Steel portal frame mono-pitch Cattle Yard including overhang.
4. 3 Bay Dutch Barn with 12ft lean-to linking across the barns.
5. Atcost concrete frame cattle building.
6. Three bay Brick and Galvanised Iron Store opening on to enclosed yard with further old cattle building in situ.
7. Two circular grain storage bins with dry unit.
8. Traditional brick and tile barn (Grade II Listed), which is lofted and used for grain storage and milling.
9. General Purpose Umbrella Building of steel frame construction.
10. Adjoining 5 Bay Dutch Barn.
11. Three Romney sheds providing; Loose housing with full length feed barrier, 40 cubicles together with feed area, feed loft together with collecting yard and 23 cubicles in situ.
12. Circular slurry store to rear.
TRADITIONAL BARNS The traditional barns at Wigley Farm offer huge scope for redevelopment subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
LAND Wigley Farm is set within 17.3 acres (7.0 Hectares) or thereabouts of grass land, the land is productive and versatile and provides scope for grazing or mowing, the land comprises a strong loam overlying clay. It is classified as Grade 3 on Agricultural Land Classification Map.
SERVICES Borehole serving the property's water supply. Mains electricity and private drainage (understood to be via a septic tank).
METHOD OF SALE Private Treaty as a whole.
TENURE Freehold with vacant possession on completion.
LOCAL AUTHORITY Shropshire Council, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire,
WAYLEAVE, EASEMENTS AND RIGHTS OF WAY The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights including rights of way, whether public or private, light , drainage, water and electricity supplies and any other rights and obligations, easements and proposed wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cables, drains and water, gas and other pipes, whether referred to in the Sale details or not.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES Plans are for identification and reference purposes only. The purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves of the description of the property. Any error or mis-statement shall not annul a sale or entitle any party to compensation.
AGRI-ENVIRONEMNT SCHEMES The land is not subject to an agri-environment scheme.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME No entitlements are included in the sale.
COUNCIL TAX Band D.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the selling agents Roger Parry & Partners
Please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch shortly.