- SPACIOUS MODERN BUNGALOW
- TRADITIONAL AND MODERN OUTBUILDINGS
- JUST MINUTES FROM LAKE VYRNWY
- PASTURE LAND PERFECT FOR LIVESTOCK
- 53 ACRES OR THEREABOUTS
- EXQUISITE VIEWS OVER THE WELSH HILLSIDE
- SOLAR PANELS
- ADDITIONAL INCOME POTENTIAL
SITUATION Fron Heulog is located near Penybontfawr, within the beautiful Powys hillside, just minutes from the spectacular Lake Vyrnwy. It is situated within reasonable proximity to the towns of both Oswestry and Welshpool, and is around an hours drive from the coast. The property equally has road links to the wider cities such as Chester, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.
FRON HEULOG BUNGALOW The property is of modern construction. Fron Heulog has a slate roof, part painted & rendered walls and part beautiful exposed stone, typical of the area. The dwelling has uPVC double glazing windows throughout and benefits from having solar panels facing south to south east on the front elevation on the house, offering a huge saving on bills.
Internally, the property provides comfortable family accommodation including two large reception rooms, a fitted kitchen, three double bedrooms and a large entrance hall, perfect as an office space.
There is a resin bound gravel driveway to the side of the property, adjoining a concrete and then stone track leading up into the fields. There is a patio seating area with Welsh slate paving to the front of the house, alongside a well kept lawn with shrubs, trees and tidy flowerbeds.
Fron Heulog provides an excellent opportunity for a variety of people with its undisturbed position amidst the beautiful Berwyn hills.
ENTRANCE HALL 14' 8" x 7' 8" (4.46m x 2.34m) Oak floors and a uPVC front door providing access from the garden. Currently functions as a small office space with telephone point providing Broadband and Wi-Fi.
KITCHEN 13' 7" x 9' 6" (4.15m x 2.90m) With a tiled floor, fully tiled walls, granite worktops and an
in-built breakfast bar. space for a dishwasher, fitted kitchen units, sink and drainer, built in electric oven and gas hobs with extractor.
UTILITY 7' 0" x 6' 6" (2.14m x 1.97m) With a tiled floor, space for a washing machine, fridge, freezer and external venting for a tumble dryer. Storage spaces.
REAR HALL 6' 9" x 4' 7" (2.06m x 1.42m) With a tiled floor and built in cupboards with boiler. Ideal to be used as a boot room. Wood effect side door access.
W/C 6' 6" x 3' 5" (1.98m x 1.05m) With a W/C and hand washbasin. Tiled floor and walls.
SITTING / DINING ROOM 20' 0" x 12' 7" (6.10m x 3.84m) With an oak floor, large uPVC double glazed windows, papered walls and an airing cupboard with immersion heater. A large open area for a dining table.
LOUNGE 19' 10" x 12' 11" (6.07m x 3.94m) Spacious room with carpeted floors, papered walls, an open fireplace and large uPVC double doors opening out onto the patio area.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 1 15' 5" x 10' 2" (4.70m x 3.10m) A master bedroom with a carpeted floor, papered walls, large fixed wardrobes, excellent views out over the hills.
EN-SUITE 10' 2" x 4' 11" (3.10m x 1.50m) There are fully tiled walls, a walk in shower, W/C, hand washbasin and heated towel rail.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 2 12' 6" x 9' 6" (3.81m x 2.89m) With a pine floor double glazed windows which let plenty of light in, and papered walls.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 3 9' 10" x 8' 0" (2.99m x 2.44m) With a pine floor, papered walls, double glazed window and built in cupboards.
BATHROOM 9' 3" x 9' 0" (2.82m x 2.75m) A tiled floor and walls, with a corner type spa bath, a separate walk in shower, a W/C, a hand washbasin and heated towel rail.
BUILDINGS The bungalow and buildings are set above and below a no through road, and provide a great opportunity with plenty of amenity.
1. Bungalow & Garden
2. Barn (36.58m x 6.44m) - Timber cruck-framed traditional cowhouse with a part original slate and part metal sheeted roof. Part brick and part stone construction with internal breezeblocks. Automatically refilling water bowls. Electric water heater in tack room. There is a large wood-floored loft area across part of the barn and the garage, which has roadside access, ideal for storing hay or straw. As well as being ideal for livestock there is potential for conversion (subject to gaining planning consent).
3. Modern lean to (36.39m x 6.06m) - Steel framed lean-to the original barn with corrugated sheet roofing and a concrete floor.
4. Storage Shed/Garage (6.44m x 6.42m) - Incorporated into the barn, and has a concrete floor, with storage shelves. Perfect for storing machinery.
5. Modern Agricultural Barn (27.38m x 10.76m) - Large steel framed building, part block construction, part Yorkshire boarding. Large automatic water filling trough. Water and electricity access make it perfect for keeping livestock in the winter.
6. Livestock Shed (9.07m x 5.74m) - Previously used as a stable block. It has six partitions and is timber framed with a corrugated sheet roof.
7. Mast - Small emergency mast which generates an income of £4,800 p.a.
N.b. There are automatic security lights on most buildings which all have interior strip lighting.
LAND The pasture land extends to 52.36 acres (21.19 hectares) and is perfect for rearing livestock. The land extends in a T shape up the hillside and it is part bracken to the bottom, currently mowed. The land is accessed via a track which follows up behind the farm buildings at the rear of the property. The land is suitable for both grazing and mowing rotations.
There are well kept fences with mature trees and hedgerows and a small pool to the top of the land. There is potential for part of the land to be utilised as a source of natural capital through biodiversity net gain or carbon sequestration, alongside rural payment schemes.
DIRECTIONS From Oswestry proceed south west onto the Trefonen Road, continue for approximately 5.5 miles through Treflach and Nantmawr until you meet the B4396. Take a right turn and proceed west for a further 9.5 miles until you get to Penybontfawr. Once you have passed the Railway Inn and the Post Office on your right, take the next left, back onto the B4396. Continue for three miles, passing Hirnant Church on your right. Shortly after you will be met with a sharp bend to the left, at a cottage named "Clochnant Bach". Do not follow the road round and instead bear right. In 0.5 miles Fron Heulog will be on your right hand side, as indicated by the Agent's 'For Sale' board.
What3words - ///hungry.gems.duration
Please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch shortly.