- SUBSTANTIAL TIMBER FRAMED FARMHOUSE
- DATING BACK TO THE 17th CENTURY
- ANNEXE ADDITION
- RANGE OF TRADITIONAL AND MODERN AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS
- GRADE II LISTED BARN
- GRASSLAND EXTENDING DOWN TO THE RIVER SEVERN
- 118 ACRES OR THEREABOUTS
- FOUR BEDROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPED GARDENS
- STUNNING VIEWS OVER THE WELSH COUNTRYSIDE
Ysgafell provides an excellent opportunity in a picturesque whilst easily accessible location, with a charming house and gardens providing the ideal layout for keeping livestock. A secondary income is also possible through the letting of the annexe and there may be development potential in the buildings (subject to obtaining planning consent).
Lot 2 comprising 28.97 acres (11.72 ha) or thereabouts has an amount of woodland within the grass-land, creating both amenity and natural capital potential, as well as use for agricultural grazing land.
SITUATION Lot 1 - Ysgafell Farm is located near Caersws within the beautiful Powys countryside. It is conveniently situated close to the towns of both Llanidloes and Newtown and is less than an hour's drive from the coast in Aberdovey. The property equally has excellent road links to the wider cities such as Chester, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham, being in close proximity to the A483 Trunk Road.
Lot 2 - Bryn at Glynrhyd is 2.5 miles north of the farm. What3words - ///parties.warned.effort
YSGAFELL FARMHOUSE The main farmhouse dates back to the 17th Century. The property is blessed with an abundance of original character features including outstanding timber beams, fireplaces and exposed wattle panelling. The dwelling is constructed of brick and timber and sits under tiled roofs.
Internally, the property provides elegant family accommodation including three large reception rooms, a comprehensive modern kitchen and dining room, three double bedrooms and a cellar. The house also benefits from a modern extension, which provides further utility space and an annexe with separate access.
There is an oval gravelled driveway with a raised shrubbed centre to the front of the house, as well as a beautifully managed garden area with a useful storage shed, extensive flowerbeds and vegetable patches. There is also a summer house providing a great outside area for entertaining.
Ysgafell forms an excellent opportunity and has the perfect balance of original and modern tasteful finishes.
SIDE PORCH 6' 0" x 3' 10" (1.84m x 1.18m) Wooden framed with a door to rear section and extensive shelving to function as a boot room and entrance to:
KITCHEN 14' 11" x 14' 2" (4.57m x 4.33m) With tiled floor, granite worktops featuring an island, space for a dishwasher, smart kitchen units, sink and drainer, an electric cast iron ESSE range cooker, and wood burner.
LARDER 14' 4" x 4' 10" (4.38m x 1.48m) With a tiled floor, an ideal space for a large fridge, shelving to both sides and a separate area at the rear.
DINING ROOM 14' 11" x 14' 4" (4.56m x 4.39m) With a stone floor, plaster ceiling, skylight and large double glazing uPVC windows wrapping around two sides of the room, providing heaps of natural light.
An elegant room with an abundance of exposed beams to both the ceiling and walls, with walls painted red, a carpeted floor, underfloor heating and a beautiful, bricked fireplace with wood burner creating a cosy atmosphere. A unique feature is the boarding to the wall.
LOUNGE 19' 1" x 13' 8" (5.83m x 4.18m) With carpeted floors, desirable vertical beams and beams to the ceiling, underfloor heating, a large fireplace with another wood burner. External door into gardens.
DRAWING ROOM 21' 3" x 19' 1" (6.5m x 5.83m) A spacious character reception room with double glazing windows providing natural light, floor to ceiling support timbers, exposed beams throughout and an open fireplace.
CELLAR Large cellar accessed via the drawing room with cobbled floor and small window. Perfect for keeping wine.
SCULLERY 21' 11" x 19' 1" (6.69m x 5.83m) With a W/C, storage cupboards, boot area and full kitchen diner featuring an oven with hobs and extractor, built in fridge, sink and drainer and dishwasher. A perfect area to utilise coming in off the fields with double uPVC doors opening out onto the patio.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 19' 1" x 14' 11" (5.83m x 4.56m) Large room with carpeted floors, a high-pitched ceiling with exposed beams utilising the roof space, plastered and painted walls and ceiling, double glazed windows.
LARGE EN-SUITE 12' 6" x 6' 4" (3.83m x 1.94m) Large ensuite with wood effect floor, walk-in shower, hand washbasin, heated towel rail and W/C.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 15' 3" x 14' 2" (4.66m x 4.33m) With a carpet floor, painted ceiling beams, plastered and painted walls and ceiling, double glazed windows.
LANDING 12' 6" x 12' 5" (3.83m x 3.79m) to 12' 0" x 9' 3" (3.68m x 2.84m) An open plan space with a fantastic array of character features including beams at every angle, and an exposed wattle wall and chimney stack. A unique space. It is part carpeted and then floorboarded to the bathroom.
FAMILY BATHROOM 12' 7" x 10' 9" (3.84m x 3.30m) A large bathroom with wood effect floor, walk-in shower, W/C, hand washbasin, heated towel rail and a bath with shower attachment.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 19' 1" x 13' 0" (5.83m x 3.97m)
WC 12' 9" x 4' 10" (3.89m x 1.48m) With wood effect floor, hand washbasin and built-in cupboard.
DOUBLE BEDROOM 19' 1" x 10' 2" (5.83m x 3.10m) High quality finish with a carpeted floor, plastered and painted walls and ceiling, double glazed windows providing excellent views over the countryside.
KITCHENETTE 11' 7" x 10' 8" (3.54m x 3.27m) Fully fitted out with an electric oven and hobs, an extractor, built in fridge, sink and drainer and dishwasher. Wood effect flooring.
BATHROOM 9' 1" x 3' 9" (2.77m x 1.16m) With W/C, heated towel rail, hand washbasin and walk-in shower.
GARDENS Ysgafell has immaculate gardens bursting with vibrant colours from the flowerbeds, high quality and rabbit proofed vegetable patches, the trees, manicured lawns, and stream during the winter. There is a patio area as well as a summer house which was constructed using wood from Leighton. This features a brilliant granite table, and is ideal for taking in the views .
BUILDINGS AND COURTYARD 1. Farmhouse, Annexe & Gardens
2. A Unique 16th Century Listed Barn (25.26m x 6.27m) - Timber cruck-framed traditional cowhouse with steep pitched slate roof and impressive original features.
3. Garden Storage (6.02m x 2.68m) - Timber framed garden shed with built in shelving, a concrete floor and corrugated metal cladding.
5. Cow/Hen House (10.13m x 5.09m) - Two storey timber framed building of part brick construction, with traditional wood panelling to the exterior. There are 4 bays in the downstairs and 3 in the rafters/hen house.
6. Woodshed 1 (5.44m x 2.49m + 4.35m x 4.19m) - Two section timber framed with corrugated metal sheet roofing and sides forming a lean to off the cow/hen house.
7. Woodshed 2 (5.39m x 5.52m) - Purpose built woodshed of block and brick construction with corrugated sheet roofing and a block partition.
8. Dutch Barn (24.23m x 5.61m) - Five bay steel framed open fronted hay barn with end lean to.
9. Livestock Housing (18.09m x 5.27m) - Modern timber framed and block construction building with corrugated sheet roofing. It is open ended with metal gates.
10. New Barn & Pump Shed (16.89m x 6.31m + 3.81m x 2.53m) - Newly constructed steel framed building which has a pitched roof, corrugated fibre cement sheet roofing and plastic sheet cladding. It is fitted to pump water from a Well situated on the land, feeding individual troughs.
11. Large Modern Barn (23.29m x 18.73m) - Steel portal frame constructed building with a block base, corrugated sheet roofing, Yorkshire Board cladding and a concrete floor. Multi-functional. There is a well laid out sheep handling system adjoining on the concrete yard.
12. Workshop (10.54m x 4.61m) - Brick constructed with a pitched corrugated roof, concrete floor, and plasterboard ceiling.
13. Storage (8.87m x 3.59m + 8.35m x 4.19m) - 5 bay timber framed storage, with a double height and length bay to the left. Internal sheet metal and wood cladding.
14. Livestock Hut (5.63m x 3.29m) - Timber framed with a metal sheet roof to provide shelter.
LAND AT YSGAFELL - LOT 1 The productive pastureland extends to 85.22 acres (34.48 ha) with 1.73 acres (0.70 ha) or thereabouts of woodland. The land at Ysgafell is located in a ring fence surrounding the farmhouse and buildings, dissected by a railway which serves the Shrewsbury to Mid Wales Coastline. The land is fertile river ground with loamy soil that is freely draining, and is suitable for grazing, mowing and arable rotations.
There are well kept fences and mature hedgerows. The land is currently all down to grass and benefits from in-field water troughs connected to a Well supply. A bridge and tunnel connect the lower land. The river stretches for almost a mile along the land at Ysgafell and the property benefits from fishing rights.
LAND AT BRYN, GLYNRHYD - LOT 2 The Bryn at Glynrhyd amounts to 28.97 acres (11.72 ha) or thereabouts offers some of the most beautiful views over the Welsh countryside and is a combination of sloping grassland and flourishing woodland. During the springtime a mass of wild daffodils emerge from within the trees.
As well as its use as agricultural grazing land, it has amenity and natural capital potential through engaging in activities such as carbon sequestration.
It suits as a delightful addition to the farm as well as a great opportunity as a standalone.
DIRECTIONS: From Welshpool proceed south along the A483 Trunk Road, continue for approximately 12 miles, then onto the Newtown Bypass. At the 2nd roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Kerry Road. Head straight over the traffic lights and then over the River Severn. Follow the road around until you meet another roundabout. Proceed straight over and then in 3 miles Ysgafell Farm will be on your left-hand side, as indicated by the Agent's 'For Sale' board.
What3words - ///quibble.jolt.deleting
From Ysgafell, proceed north towards Caersws on the B4568 for 1.5 miles. Turn right just before Rhyd Lydan. Proceed for half a mile. When you come to a fork, bear right. Take the next right and continue downhill for 400m where you will see the Agent's 'For Sale' board on the right hand side.
What3words - ///parties.warned.effort
Please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch shortly.