Caedicws Farm, Glyn Ceiriog, Llangollen
- Renowned Livestock rearing farm
- 3 bedroom detached house
- Courtyard of stone traditional buildings
- Modern agricultural buildings
- 232 acres of agricultural land
- Elevated position
- Outstanding views over the Ceiriog Valley
- Located on the Ceiriog Trail
- Wealth of opportunities
- Located 1 mile from Glyn Ceiriog Village with a range of amenities
Roger Parry & Partners have been proudly favoured to market this rare opportunity to purchase a substantial renowned upland farm known as Caedicws comprising a three bedroom detached dwelling, range of stone traditional buildings, range of more modern agricultural buildings and approximately 232 acres (94 ha) of mainly flat agricultural land, extending as a whole to approximately 235 acres (95 ha). The property benefits from outstanding views over the Ceiriog Valley and the surrounding area. Caedicws Farm is accessed by a private drive off a minor council road with most of the land benefitting from roadside access.
Caedicws Farm is located in an elevated position above the Ceiriog Valley on the Ceiriog Trail. The property is situated 1 mile form the village of Glyn Ceiriog which has a post office, primary school, village shop, doctors surgery and pubs/hotels. For a wider range of amenities, the market town of Oswestry is approximately 9 miles away.
A large detached stone farmhouse with character features throughout. The house requires complete renovation and modernisation. Once renovated, the property would make the ideal farm family home, or provide an excellent tourism opportunity.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: E
EPC RATING: TBC
(All measurements are approximate)
1. Livestock Handling Area
2. Courtyard range of traditional farm buildings suitable for conversion into a number of uses including residential and tourism, subject to obtaining the relevant planning consent - timber framed, stone walls under slate/corrugated metal sheeting roofs with central courtyard
3. Livestock Housing (41.57m x 10.78m with lean-to (8.39m x 32.72m) - central dutch barn with two lean-to extensions constructed of steel frame and corrugated metal walls and roof. Cubicles for 35. Concrete shuttered walls.
4. Livestock Housing (18.73m x 11.71m) - Corrugated metal roof and concrete shuttered walls
5. Livestock Housing (32.72m x 7.76m) - Corrugated metal roof and walls
6/ Machinery and Implements Storage Building (23.05m x 10.86m) - Corrugated metal roof and concrete shuttered walls
7. Storage Building (10.23m x 12.74m) - Corrugated metal roof and walls
8. Workshop/Machinery Storage building (13.72m x 13.77m) - Concrete panel/stone walls below box profile sheeting walls under a box profile sheeting roof.
9. Storage area for round bales, machinery and implements
10. Storage Building (12.75m x 6.27m) - Corrugated metal roof and walls
The land extends to 232.47 acres (94 ha) and comprises 4 separate blocks which are split only by the minor council highway providing excellent access to the field parcels. The land is predominantly flat/gently undulating throughout, except only for one field parcel to the west of the farmyard extending to 40.78 acres (16.50 hectares) being steep hill land with it's own separate access to the West by Afon Ceiriog.
The grassland is suitable for grazing or fodder conservation, with some parcels being suitable for an arable rotation, if desired, having previously grown corn.
Septic Tank Drainage
Electric Storage Heaters
Oil Fired Rayburn
Oil fired stove in dining room
METHOD OF SALE
For sale by private treaty.
The property is freehold and will be sold with vacant possession.
Wrexham County Council
WAYLEAVE, EASEMENTS AND RIGHTS OF WAY
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights including rights of way, whether public or private, light, drainage, water and electricity supplies and any other rights and obligations, easements and proposed wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cables, drains and water, gas and other pipes, whether referred to in the Sale details or not.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
Plans are for identification and reference purposes only. The purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves of the description of the property. Any error or mis-statement shall not annul a sale or entitle any party to compensation.
Please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch shortly.