>Roger Parry & Partners is encouraging Welsh farmers to consider applying for the new Farm Business Grant, launched recently by the Welsh Government, which is designed to help farmers improve the economic and environmental performance of their agricultural holdings.
>The grant could provide 40% funding towards capital investments in equipment and machinery that have been pre-identified as offering clear and quantifiable benefits to farm enterprises. The key investment themes include cattle equipment, sheep equipment, pig equipment, general equipment, crop management, energy efficiency, resource efficiency together with ICT.
>The minimum grant available is £3,000 and the maximum is £12,000 and only one application will be approved per business throughout the lifetime of the Scheme. Welsh Government proposes to open three windows in the 2017/18 financial year with each window open for two months. The third window opens on 29th January 2018 until the 2nd March 2018. There are no further applications windows announced.
>Roger Parry & Partners are urging Welsh farmers to consider applying as soon as possible to ensure they get a share of this funding. As always we are happy to help with the application process if you need assistance. Gail Lewis is on hand to assist farmers in south west Wales, Clare Williams in mid Wales and Rosina Bloor is available to help anyone farming across north Wales.”
>Key requirements for the Farm Business Grant include:
• The farm must have registered with Farming Connect since October 2015 before submitting an application under this scheme and have a valid Customer Reference Number (CRN) and County Parish Holding Number (CPH). You can register with Farming Connect by calling the Farming Connect Service Centre on 08456 000813
• The business must have a minimum of three hectares of agricultural land, or be able to demonstrate 550 standard labour hours, which will be determined at registration with Farming Connect
• A partner in the farming business must attend a Farming for the Future event organised by Farming Connect. The individual attending must be registered as a business partner with Farming Connect and Welsh Government Rural Payments Wales
• Businesses with a total turnover exceeding £1m are not eligible for Farm Business Grant
• Businesses that have been successful under the Sustainable Production Grant Scheme will not be eligible.
>To book your appointment please call one of our offices. Oswestry 01691 655334, Welshpool 01938 554499, Shrewsbury 01743 343343, Minsterley 01743 791336 or Carmarthenshire 07498 717778.